| H&M Ankle boots
Love these burgundy ankle boots (also comes in black) – great price point at $50.
| H&M Wedge Sneakers
These sneakers will give you height but without the bling of most wedge sneaker styles out there – simple and sleek. Currently $35
| H&M Colored Sneakers
Fun colored sneaker option for $15! These will show their wear quickly but great for 1 summer – You may tire of the color anyways.
| H&M Socks for Flats
Those of you who wear flats frequently may want to check out the slip on socks that protect your shoes from sweat and your feet from blisters – very cheap at H&M!
This post is for those of you who love flats but need some variety. Maybe you find yourself reaching for the same ballet flats over and over? Even worse, the same black flats? Maybe it’s time to spice things up and look at alternative closed-toe flat shoes. Here are some ideas and in-store options to get you out of your style rut!
1. Athletic flats – These are a combination of ballet flat and sneakers. Puma, Nike, and other athletic shoe companies will have options. They create a more sleek look than running/athletic shoes and can be incredibly comfortable.
2. Oxfords – Oxfords have been in for a couple of years now and they’ll be around for years to come. Very practical, comfortable. Can be worn casually or formally depending on the style. Wear oxfords with a feminine pieces, such as a blouse or skirt, and you have a nice juxtaposition of masculine and feminine – very modern. You’ll find oxfords everywhere and in an assortment of colors.
3. Loafers – Loafers can be tricky to style because they are associated with a mature, older look. Consider a bright color loafer and wear with trendy pieces so as not to date yourself or look older than you are!
4. Fashion sneakers – Think Toms/Keds/Converse. Iconic casual sneakers, not clunky, heavy sneakers. Pair them with unexpected pieces: blazers, skirts, feminine blouses and you’ll create a sophisticated look.
Let’s get right to it, my NAS 2013 boot picks – lots to choose from!
| (L) Hinge Addison Boot
Medium heeled booties that will go with almost anything in your closet. Stuart Weitzman bootie has superb quality but note that it will make your feet look longer.
| (L) Dolce Vita Carlin Bootie
Fun, on-trend booties with a higher heel/wedge. Clarks bootie is more comfortable than the Dolce Vita due to the wedge.
| (L) Steve Madden Naples Bootie
Sleek high-heeled booties to add significant height. If you can pull of the high heels, go for these. The Steve Madden bootie has a hidden platform so easier on the feet.
| (L) BP Darbie Boot
Two great knee-high options. BP Darbie boot is a great buy for the price ($99) and a fun option (fits slightly above the knee). The Via Spiga is sleek, comfortable and very easy to walk in. Great for those of you with slender calves.
| (L) Sam Edelman Pippen Bootie
Two rugged options – very, very comfortable! If you do a lot of walking and need something practical, go for these – You won’t sacrifice style or comfort.
| (L) Stuart Weitzman Setaside Boot
Beautiful knee-high flat boots – These are gorgeous in person. The Stuart Weitzman will make your feet look larger, but fabulous quality and fit.
This is the second post in my series of Summer Must-Have items. The first must-have is the Striped Dress.
It has long been known that flesh-colored (nude) shoes elongate the leg. This is especially desirable during the summer when legs are exposed. By ‘nude’, I mean a color that matches your skin color. This means each person’s nude shade will vary depending on skin tone.
Not only do nude shoes elongate the leg, they provide balance against other pieces that have loud colors, busy prints, or a bold statement piece. The key to choosing the shoe is to not veer into dull, old-lady territory. You’ll want to keep the look fresh and young-looking by choosing modern styles and adding textural interest or distinguishing details. Keep reading to learn how to wear nude shoes!
1. Wear with brightly colored & printed dresses
When wearing bold, colorful pieces, whether that’s jewelry, skirts, pants, jackets, an easy way to ground the outfit and keep it from becoming “too much” is to throw on a nude shoe. This way your shoes won’t compete with the loud pieces. Here are some colorful and printed dresses to inspire your outfits:
2. Wear nude summer boots
We usually think of wedges, strappy sandals, ballet flats, and pumps when it comes to summer shoes, but don’t rule out nude boots! They are a stylish alternative to flats, wedges and heels. The nude or light colors keep the boots from looking too heavy in hot weather and again, elongate the leg despite the coverage that boots provide. They’re great to wear with light colored jeans, white jeans, dresses and shorts.
3. Wear patent or textured shoes
Nude colored shoes can be boring if you’re not careful. Consider choosing a shoe with patent shine to add a pop to your look. If you have a brown or golden skintone, gold can act as an interesting nude choice. Textural interest can also be added to make your nude shoe stand out. For example, a woven/braided shoe or shoes with cork/wood heels can add texture.